Monday, March 23, 2009


Had my saline sonogram today uneventful, everything was fine, now just wait for april 3rd to start lupron and have D&C, I forgot to ask how long is the healing time after a D&C.

Monday, March 16, 2009

wth appointment

well had my follow up today, he does not suggest doing immune testing or clotting disorder or a biopsy, he said with immune testing and blood clotting tests, yes you will find a positive test because there are over 30 tests to run everyone has some kind of disorder, he said with a biopsy there is nothing it will tell that we already don't know, that I do have a luteal phase defiency because I do not have cycles or ovulate on my own, The plan that we are going to do is take a Z-Pack and Flagy antibiotics for 10 days, and do a D+C or endometrial scratching as he calls it, he said if there is anything like a high bacterial count the antibiotics will take care of it, and then the D+C will allow me to grow a new uterine lining, because we are damaging the one I have now, he says if this doesn't work then it is a problem with the embryos, which I know then the next thing will be pgd testing, well that is actually still up in the air, because he has not sat down with the embryologist to discuss in detail if he noticed anything from the lab photos, but he said with the brief conversation he did have with him embryologist said they were perfectly fine, he has a meeting with him on wed said if there any changes he will call me. On Monday I have a saline sonogram, that is standard because we ae going into another year of treatment, on april 7th is the D+C, and on april 3rd I start lupron and end of april beginning of may will be transfer. This time he will take day one embryos and grow them to blasts. I hope this one works because this is last one insurance will cover, and then we are out of pocket, so who knows when we would be able to do it again, don't feel like wrapping my head around that one yet.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Am I Grasping at Straws?

I have been researching immune testing and had found a website that listed all the immune testing categories and symptoms as why this test would be done, under Natural Killer cells, and uterine lining issues, alot of the symptoms matched up:

3 or more failed ivf/fet transfers and embryos of good quality
irritable bowel syndrome after transfer- an hour after transfer it was like a bomb exploded and I had not ate anything yet
flu like symptoms - after transfer I felt like I had the flu, article states this is a reaction from the hcg in the embryos.
flare up of cold sores - I always have flare ups thats why I keep abreva in my purse and I had a flare a few days after transfer
randomly breaking out in a rash or hives - this always happens to me on my arms
high insulin/Pcos - yep thats me

or it could be a blood clotting disorder many pcos patients have this when the uterine lining clots, so implantation is impossible, I know when I cycle I have like a dry cycle where I am just passing blood clots and no blood flow with it.

If something is wrong and I had a choice I would rather it be the blood clotting disorder because insurance covers the meds, for natural killer cells you have to do ivig for 3 days for 3 months it costs $10,000 and most insurance does not cover for natural killer cells, I can understand why because Natural Killer cells is not necessarilty a bad thing it helps protect you against cancer your body is able to fight it off, the downside for me is that my body thinks my embryos are cancer and the natural killer cells attack them.

So I do not know maybe I am reaching, I just wish I could get the testing done and find out in the same day. Oh the waiting thats what I hate about infertility testing the waiting, the immune testing I can get done right away I am hoping insurance covers I will probally get it done same time as biopsy if insurance covers, the biopsy I have to wait for cycle to end in order for me to do it. I have my follow up with doc on monday, at least it will be cd3 so i can get that done need that so insurance will cover my next FET, and schedule my biopsy.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sorry Charlie

Well got the call beta is negative again, will go in next week for the what the hell happened consult, I do know I want a biopsy to make sure no implantation issues, he was talking about another lap, umm no there was nothing at the first one. He also said testing for clotting disorders, and autoimmune testing. I also will call an endocrinologist and have another glucose tolerance test, need to have one I have been slacking in the metformin department. Just am so tired and drained right now he took all day to call usually I have a call by noon. He did not call me till 3:40 pm, just alot of tension in my back because everyone has been calling to see if I had results yet, and it made me jump everytime the phone rang. Back to the drawing board