Saturday, March 14, 2009

Am I Grasping at Straws?

I have been researching immune testing and had found a website that listed all the immune testing categories and symptoms as why this test would be done, under Natural Killer cells, and uterine lining issues, alot of the symptoms matched up:

3 or more failed ivf/fet transfers and embryos of good quality
irritable bowel syndrome after transfer- an hour after transfer it was like a bomb exploded and I had not ate anything yet
flu like symptoms - after transfer I felt like I had the flu, article states this is a reaction from the hcg in the embryos.
flare up of cold sores - I always have flare ups thats why I keep abreva in my purse and I had a flare a few days after transfer
randomly breaking out in a rash or hives - this always happens to me on my arms
high insulin/Pcos - yep thats me


or it could be a blood clotting disorder many pcos patients have this when the uterine lining clots, so implantation is impossible, I know when I cycle I have like a dry cycle where I am just passing blood clots and no blood flow with it.

If something is wrong and I had a choice I would rather it be the blood clotting disorder because insurance covers the meds, for natural killer cells you have to do ivig for 3 days for 3 months it costs $10,000 and most insurance does not cover for natural killer cells, I can understand why because Natural Killer cells is not necessarilty a bad thing it helps protect you against cancer your body is able to fight it off, the downside for me is that my body thinks my embryos are cancer and the natural killer cells attack them.

So I do not know maybe I am reaching, I just wish I could get the testing done and find out in the same day. Oh the waiting thats what I hate about infertility testing the waiting, the immune testing I can get done right away I am hoping insurance covers I will probally get it done same time as biopsy if insurance covers, the biopsy I have to wait for cycle to end in order for me to do it. I have my follow up with doc on monday, at least it will be cd3 so i can get that done need that so insurance will cover my next FET, and schedule my biopsy.

1 comment:

Flower said...

Hang in there ((Hugs))