Saturday, January 30, 2010

Surgery Day

Finally by 7pm nurse came in and said urine test came back fine surgery tommorrow, no eating after midnight, nurse woke me at 6am and told me surgery was at 9am they would come and get me at 8am so I need to change in a gown, I needed help getting in the gown because of my IV, my husband had spent the night so he helped me get in the gown, they wheeled me in the stretcher to the prep area, the anestitheologist came in to discuss my options be put to sleep or epidural, said he recommended epidural it was easier on the baby. I chose the epidural, he comes back has me get in fetal position and says you are going to feel a pinch, I guess I got stressed out I heart the blood pressure machine start beeping his assistant said her blood pressure has skyrocketed, the doc tells her give her 1cc of something to help me relax, he finishes the epidural and then all the sudden I get hot, and dizzy and feel like I just want to barf, my husband comes in and says whats wrong I tell him I don't feel good, the doc says we gave her something to relax and it brought her blood pressure down real low, I started crying I was just want to throw up I wanted to roll over to try to barf but couldn't because the epidural was worked I was numb from belly button down. The doc tells his assistant to give me some ephindrene I think, and then they start asking me over and over my name and birth date, my husband was like what are you doing, we are trying to stop her from passing out until her pressure comes back he starts shaking my bed, I wanted to kick him but couldn't move my legs, then my surgery doc comes in lets move her I am ready, while they are wheeling me I am moaning doctor says don't let her throw up that will cause her to contract and make it hard for me to stitch, by the time we get to the operating room, I feel so much better, doc must of gave me alot in my epidural I did not feel a thing, it took forever for the epidural to wear off, the doc said when it wore off I could go home, they wheeled me back to the room it took 2 hours for the epidural to wear off, and then I needed some pain meds took a nap woke up at 4pm, and finally was sent home at 4pm, I am now on bedrest for a week until my appointment on thursday.

1 comment:

BigP's Heather said...

HOLY COW!!

I'm glad you are home now. Hope you are feeling better.