Friday, October 19, 2007

The start

This is me diagnoised with PCOS/IR in 2005 after suspecting since 1998 could not find a doctor who believed me until I went to a ob/gyn and she said my hair pattern looked I had PCOS she referred me to a ob/gyn that specialized in pcos. Sure enough there were the string of pearls. She put me on birth control since I was not trying to conceive. Then in 2006 I got married and had recently moved from virginia, to georgia. Dec 2006 my husband and I decided to try to conceive. In Feb 2007 had my consult with a RE from Emory said to do a hsg, and bloodwork, could never get an appointment for an hsg office was very unorganized seemed like every month the procedure for scheduling a hsg changed. So in June 2007 switched to RBA also my insurance covered them anyway. Got my hsg in aug 2007, found my left tube partially blocked and top of right tube seemed like it was stuck with scar tissue on top. Scheduled a lap for oct 31st, went in on oct 19th for preop appointment doctor told me he thinks will need to remove right tube and can possibly unblock left tube if both tubes do not need to be removed. Now I have to come up with $500 for the surgery before the surgery, I wish they told me this at beginning of month could of paid it easily instead put on oaying down my debt, also my bloodpressure is very high I think all the medical assistants in the office came in to check it to be sure. They sent me upstairs to the doctor that puts you to sleep and she told me If I can get it down then can't do surgery, I have to bring a note or prescription for blood pressure medication showing I am under a doctor supervision.

No comments: