Wednesday, October 31, 2007

THE LAP

I had my Lap today, I went in at 10am filled out the paperwork, was asked to chnge into the fashionable gown. I was nervous that my blood pressure would be high and I would have to reschedule. She took it and it was beautiful 121/80, yeah the blood pressure medicine worked. Next she put the iv in she first number the area with lidocaine and then my body went cold from the i.v. she put a antibiotic and a medication to make my mouth dry so she they could put the tube in my mouth. Next they said they would bring my husband in, of course he ran downstairs to the cafeteria to get something to eat after I told him don't leave, he came back five minutes later. I ran over the gameplan with him if the doctor comes out talking about I need a hsyterectomy or uteraus removed you tell him no. I read a internet blog where a woman went in for a lap to remove endo and the doc came out and told the husband she needed to have a hysterectomy. Of course she divorced the husband after this. Anyway then they came in and walked me back into the operating room it was so cold in there. They had me lie on the table and the nurse covered me in warm blankets that felt so could the sleep doctor (sorry can spell the a word) said she was giving me something to relax.

Next thing I know I am waking up in the recovery room, and I am pissed I thought they didn't do the surgery. The nurse puts a mask over me for oxygen and says the doctor has good news for you. My husband walks in and then the doctor, and he says he didn't have to do anything not a ounce of scar tissue both tubes are clear all I need now is clomid and he gives me pictures of my tubes to take home.

So far so good no pain just a little soreness at my bellybutton and can't even feel the other incision. but we will see tommorrow how I feel, I hear the gas is the worst part the next day. So closer to my dream of having a little london

No comments: