Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby Shower


Baby Shower, originally uploaded by Timfany.

Had my baby shower on Saturday, it was fun, had some coworkers, high school friends, college friends, and of course family. Got alot of gift cards, mostly everyone gave me storage bins that were filled with onesies, bibs, outfits, or they were filled with diapers, wipes, and bath stuff, then cards with gift cards in it, my boss made me this beautiful basket filled with washclothes, a piggy bank, and little toys, my work team was very generous with the gift card they gave me, lets just say I am able to buy the pump I want with it. I did not eat any of the food because my aversion is chicken on the bone, we had jerk wings, meatballs, fruit and veggie platter, cheese plate, spinach dip, and I couldn't bring myself to eat the meatballs cause I was afraid if the texture was too mushy I would throw up, we didn't really play any games it was more mingling and talking there was a onesies and bib decorating station setup, punch and wine, I haven't gone through the decorated onesies and bibs to see what people have done. I was hoping to be able to go shopping today, but I was so sore from bending from opening all the bins and pulling stuff out, but just as well gives me some time to list out what it is I want to buy, I know my pump, then my bathtub, and I want a diaper genie. Contemplating if I should take back a swing I got, my mom had bought me one too, and I did not erase off registry in time. I was so busy running my mouth the picture of my cake is the only one I took with my camera, my college friend came down and stayed with my sister in law, I asked my brother to get her camera and get her pictures for me so we shall see if he did get it done or not, otherwise waiting for her I will never see those pictures.

The place we had my baby shower was at Java Vino it is a wine and coffee house, it is located in little five points, we rented the upstairs space it was cute, I would rent it out to have another shower of some kind, the only thing different I would do is pay the fee to be able to bring in outside food, there catering menu was very limited, and on the website the cater they use says you can asks for things that are not on the menu we tried that she said no she couldn't do that to all of our suggestions. The punch they made out of this tea was so good.

No comments: